Atlanta offers many great attractions of potential interest to conference attendees. Why not stay an extra day before or after the conference and take advantage of all this great city has to offer?
- Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau (Site) -- The ACVB has a great website full of events and activities of interest to visitors of this great city.
- Georgia Navigator (Site) -- The Georgia Navigator site utilizes state-of-the-art technology to monitor traffic and provide a heat map of traffic conditions on major roadways and interstate highways.
- MARTA (Site) -- MARTA provides bus and rail service in the ATL metro.
Culture & Art
- Fox Theater (ACVB Overview | Site) -- The Fox provides Broadway in the ATL, within easy walking distance of CSER 2013. Check out their site for the latest shows!
- High Museum of Art (ACVB Overview | Site) -- The High Museum, located in Midtown Atlanta several blocks from CSER 2013, offers a range of permanent exhibits, as well as special exhibits, sure to be of interest.
Georgia Tech Events
- Tech Baseball vs. Georgia Southern -- 3/19 @ 6pm (Tech Events) -- Just walk over the Fifth Street bridge from CSER 2013 to main campus, and within a couple of minutes you'll reach Rush Chandler Stadium, home of the Yellow Jacket Baseball Team!
- Atlanta History Center (ACVB Overview | Site) -- The Atlanta History Center offers numerous perspectives on the history of the ATL, with a museum, two historic houses and a Centennial Olympics museum.
- Cyclorama (ACVB Overview | Site) -- The Cyclorama is the world's largest oil painting, featuring a 360-degree panorama of the historic 1864 Battle of Atlanta.
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History (ACVB Overview | Site) -- From dinosaur exhibits, to an undistrurbed, mature hardwood forest, to natural history of Georgia landscapes and cultures around the world, Fernbank hosts a variety of memorable exhibits of natural history.
- Margaret Mitchell House (ACVB Overview | Site) -- This is the site where the classic novel Gone With the Wind was written. Located only a few blocks from CSER 2013, this site offers tours of the author's apartment in this historic building.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Historical Site (ACVB Overview | Site) -- Atlanta was the cradle of the Civil Rights movement. Its leadership at the time worked with civil rights leaders to enable peaceful transformation in the city. The MLK Jr. Historical Site offers tours of the legendary civil rights leader's birthplace, the historical Ebenezer Baptist Church, and his gravesite.
Media & Corporate
- CNN Tours (ACVB Overview | Site) -- CNN is the pioneer of 24-7-365 cable news coverage. Starting in the early 1980s, CNN transformed news coverage and led ground-breaking coverage in the late 1980s and early 1990s of such news as the Challenger disaster and First Gulf War. Atlanta is CNN's home, and tours of the CNN facilities offer insight into a global news enterprise.
- World of Coca-Cola (ACVB Overview | Site) -- Atlanta is home to the world headquarters of Coca-Cola. Visible from CSER 2013 and practically across the street from Georgia Tech, the headquarters of this iconic brand is an Atlanta landmark. The World of Coca-Cola is located a few miles south of campus and features historical exhibits of this beloved, all-American soft-drink, plus tastes of offerings from the world over.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden (ACVB Overview | Site) -- The Atlanta Botanical Garden is located a few blocks north of campus and offers stunning plant displays and collections. A springtime site not to be missed!
- Georgia Aquarium (ACVB Overview | Site) -- The Georgia Aquarium is the premier site for aquatic wildlife exhibits in the Southeast, if not the nation. Located just south of campus, this is a great opportunity for family fun!
- Stone Mountain Park (ACVB Overview | Site) -- Stone Mountain is the largest exposed outcropping of granite in the world -- a mountain made of stone. The surrounding park features many family-friendly activities, world-class golf, steamboat rides, and historical exhibits. Not to be missed!
- Zoo Atlanta (ACVB Overview | Site) -- Zoo Atlanta features 1,500 animals in creative exhibits, including Giant Pandas.